I hope that you enjoy these lemon keto pancakes as much as me. I got the idea on making lemon panckes. I wanted to use ricotta cheese. It sounded interesting so I set to work. It took me five tries to get them to turn out the way I wanted. Unlike a lot of keto pancake recipes, these actually turn out fluffy and and looked more like pancakes than some of the flat thin pancakes I have made before. These also freeze well and taste great reheated.
Make sure you follow the directions because the cooking was the most difficult part of getting these to turn out well.
Lemon Ricotta Keto Pancakes
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp stevia
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xantham gum
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 lemon (juice, zest optional)
1 tsp lemon extract
How to make lemon ricotta keto pancakes:
- Use soft cream cheese and add all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Adding lemon zest makes them taste so much better. Use the edge of steak knife (if you don’t have a lemon zester) to scrape off the zest. Then cut and squeeze the lemon juice into your bowl.
- Use a mixer to combine ingredients until no longer lumpy.
- Heat your pan to just a little below medium. These burn easily and take a little time to cook.
- Use vegetable oil or butter to fry them in. Most keto sites recommend butter but I prefer vegetable oil for these.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. These are tricky to flip and turn out better if you make them on the smaller side.
- Flip gently so that the batter doesn’t splatter when they flip.
- Serve with whipped cream and blueberries. You can use sugar-free syrup but they taste so much better with whipped cream
Total fat: 10 g
Cholesterol: 87 mg
Sodium: 129 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 2g